Monday, September 15, 2008

The Mysterious Rose and Artistic Fimicloured


I started searching for rl artists, real art, not Fractals or photos, or re-prints, this was about the real deal. (Not saying that Fractals and photography isnt good it just wasnt what I was after)
Although I found many great pieces.
I went to a Museum, and found an awesome pic called "The last Hurrah", by someone called Artistic Fimicloured, in her notecard describing her work, a work of pastels.

Art was a breast cancer survivor, and in each picture she had put a pink ribbon in, for ppl to find, as a reminder to the ongoing research needed. I had to find this person, still not knowing if she was a man or lady. I contacted many ppl, trying to find him/her.
I ended up at the Parks Galleries, where there were renovations happening, and some of her work there, but it was named differently. I found her, her name was Stephanie Koslow/Artistic Fimicloured

I wandered around the Gallery trying to find leads, and there on the floor was a single rose, in a room where her work had been. All of a sudden an awful feeling came over me, I thought omg!
I have missed her she has died from her cancer. I got up from my computer and had to walk away, and I had tears in my eyes. I had previously helped to nurse my own father through cancer, who had passed away.


I had to find her and I knew for some reaosn I had to be fast.
I wanted her work to be the first in my new Gallery, cause she had not only great work, but a message of hope to other cancer survivors. Her work can be viewed still at Parks Galleries, and Level 4 Art Gallery.

Well I ended up finding her, we became good friends, I knew she was terribly ill going through treatment, so any meditation or relaxing places I found, I sent them through to her, to help in anyway for her to heal. She was such a bright character dressed as a pink fox :)
I knew one day would come a time when I would buy a piece of her art, and it would be "The last Hurrah". That day came sooner than expected, and acheiving many things on SL, and making many great friends, she passed away. There was a memorial service for her at The Parks Gallerie, which myself and good friends attended in honour of her.

Artistic is missed by many, but her message of hope continues to live on in here, to me she was a truly inspirational lady, and I had the honour to meet her and be trusted with her art work in SL. To me a great honour.
I ended up giving "The last Hurrah" away to another friend who I thought needed some inspiration, so it is safe atm in her hands.. Angel.


A rose also reminds me of the words I have quoted and sang to my rl brother, from the song "The rose" And the soul afraid of dying, that never learns to live !
So many roses, in So many gardens.


Due to respect and honour of all artists I have met in sl, none of there rl art will be reproduced on this blog.

No comments: